In order to help students learn in a productive learning environment, certain class rules have been established. Students and their parent/guardian(s) are expected to be familiar with the class rules and the consequences attached.
1. Students will pay attention and not cause distractions.
2. Students will show respect for all classmates, staff, themselves and respect property.
3. Students will quietly do their own work.
4. Students will complete their assignments on time and in all other ways be responsible.
5. Students will follow directions and established procedures.
1. Students will be given a verbal warning.
2. Students will be given a second warning and the name will be written down.
3. Students will need to talk to the teacher at which time the teacher may assign a written reflection assignment.
4. Students will be given detention during Friday's All-5th Grade P,E. time, during which time they will have a written assignment. If there are 2 Friday detentions in one month, they will miss the "Fifth Grade Fun Day" held every 6 weeks.
5. Student's parents will be contacted by the teacher.
6. Students will be Referred to the Principal's Office.
7. Formal Conference with Student, Parents and Teacher will be held.
Depending on the seriousness of a problem, the teacher may skip any or all steps.